Wednesday, March 4, 2015

I Did It!

Whew! I made 28 posts in 28 days! I am not saying that they were interesting at all, but I did it! It is rather tough to work full-time, raise a toddler, try to keep a house clean, workout, and write in this blog every day. That's why some posts were sometimes a little late. I would write them, but not publish them until I could at least read them over again in complete silence. It made me realize how much bloggers and vloggers have to put into their work! So, posts will be not daily anymore. Just when I feel the need to write or share something. As you can tell from previous posts, our lives can be rather boring sometimes, so I don't to write useless daily blogs when we were just sitting at home all day!

Finn turns 2 in exactly one month from today. Two. Years. Old. When did that happen??? It makes me sad, but it also makes me happy and thankful that he is a healthy, smart, and loving little baby boy. I can honestly say that he is the answers to my prayers. He may have started a few two-year-old tantrums here and there, but he is such a good boy overall. Since starting this blog, I have actually started doing much better at my daily tasks and routines with him. We brush his teeth twice daily, take a daily vitamin, read at least two books a day, go outside and explore more (even if it's only to our little park down the road), etc. and I am thankful that writing all of those things down made me stick to them. Not that I wouldn't be brushing his teeth twice a day, but he knows where it fits into his daily routine now, so he doesn't fight it as much. I am contemplating an Elmo or Thomas the Train Party. He loves both, but I just need to do it already. We are also deciding on where to place him for preschool next year. He will start a more concrete curriculum and I just want to make sure he is at the best place. Why do they do 2015-16 school registration in March? Stressful.

Jon has been fixing up the side of our house that continuously floods. Check out the pics below. He did an amazing job for a slim amount of money. The bricks were found and free! They add a lot to the stone and gravel combination. I can't wait to add our garden and some outdoor furniture. We just have to save up for it. One project a month is about where we are at in the house process. We really need another grill and would love to have a tv outside on our patio, so that it is basically like another room to our house. One day!

I got up at 4:45 this morning and worked out at Nate's gym. And I have had the best energy all day! Maybe if I can wake up 2-3 days a week in the morning and workout 2 other afternoons, I could get back on track. Anyway... I guess since I haven't written a blog in four days, I had lots to share! Too-da-loo!

Pathway along the side of our house.

2 comments:

  1. I am continually impressed by Jon's home improvement projects! This looks great! AWC

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Amy... I am, too! He has become so handy! I love it! Plus.. it saves us a ton of moo-lah! Next project, I will take step-by-step pics, so I can Pin it!

      Delete