Tuesday, March 24, 2015

The Best Porkchops Ever!

So, if you know me, you know that I am a bargain shopper. I hate buying items that are not on sale! And I sometimes feel that I have a slight obsession with going to the meat counter and seeing what is on sale for the week. For the past two months or so, I have been making an extra trip to the grocery store before I go for my weekly haul. The purpose of this is to get the meat for all our meals, then have the chance to go home and decide what to do with it. If I were to do it all at once, way too much money would be spent! So, this is how I decided on the meal I am sharing below. I rarely get porkchops, but my local store had a great sale. We got 2.5 pounds of bone-in chops for $5.50! And they were so red and juicy when I got them. So, I started on a mission to find a crockpot recipe for my "Slow Cooker Sundays" and found a perfect one. I made some changes to the original recipe that I found, so I wanted to share it with you! We all three ate this up like we had no more food left in the house! Even Finn continuously kept asking for more!


Crockpot Ranch Porkchops

Ingredients:
5-7 Bone-in Porkchops (You could also use boneless, but I think that bone-in has more flavor)
1 1/2 packets of Ranch Seasoning
1 can Cream of Mushroom (I always get the low-fat kind)
1 can Cream of Chicken (I always get the low-fat kind)


Steps:
1. Mix the soups and the seasoning together in a bowl.
2. Place one layer of porkchops on the bottom of the crockpot.
3. Put half of the mixture on the first layer.
4. Add a second layer of chops and the rest of the mix.
5. Heat on high for 3-4 hours, Low for 6-8 hours.
Note:  Just a caution... the longer you cook the meat in the slow cooker, the more it will start to fall off the bone. I like mine still on the bone, so we cooked on high for about 3.5 hours.
Tips: As you will see from my pictures, it goes great with either potatoes or rice. Jon loves the boxed potatoes, so that is what we did the first night. The second night, we used rice and it was just as good. There is so much gravy that is created by this simple recipe.
Sides: Serve with green beans or peas. Also would pair well with corn or roasted veggies. You MUST serve potatoes or rice with this! :)


First night.. served with Mashed Potatoes and Cut Green Beans

Second Night... Served with Rice and French Style Green Beans
Close-up of that gravy. This will be a regular on our menu rotation!

 
This is the original link for the recipe. I changed it just a tad... http://cookingwithgilmore.blogspot.com/2013/07/crockpot-ranch-pork-chops.html

No comments:

Post a Comment