Tuesday, March 10, 2015

My Job

Well, all my worries about my job were confirmed yesterday. This whole parish is in such a budget crisis due to charter schools opening, that my job was cut. It is not 100% yet, but it will probably happen. Even if it doesn't happen, I am not sure that I want a job that "cuts" my job every chance they can. I need stability. That is exactly why I went into teaching. I am not sure what I will do. I am exploring lots of options and am not sure what I will eventually end up doing. Why can't I just paint for a living?!? That would be nice. I am thankful that I get paid in this job for another 6 months, so it's not like they are cutting me off completely. Some options are going back into the classroom (if there are jobs available in the parish), charter schools (benefits wouldn't be as good as I have them now), graphic design, higher ed options (since I have my master's from another state), etc. My number one concern is that our family income is enough to pay the bills. We have always been pretty frugal, but that is because we are forced to be due to lousy teacher incomes. I can't remember the last time I went out to dinner. Isn't that sad? I guess it brings us closer together as a family, though. 

Enough rambling about my lack of a job and money. Let's get to the good stuff!! Last Friday night, we were invited over to one of Jon's coworkers house for a crawfish boil, and holy moly! They were fantastic!!!

Just take a look at these and try to make your mouth not water!!!
Great food and great company!
A little obsessed with Mickey these days! 

Finn's been in a great mood lately. And so much fun. He is a little needy, but isn't any one-year-old? We finally decided on an Elmo party for his birthday. I sure wish that we could spend it with more family, but that's what we get for moving away. Hopefully some of his friends will be able to attend. I mentioned to Jon about me making the cake and cupcakes and he looked at me like I had lost my darn mind! Ha! Baking is not my strong suit.
Birthday card that I designed for Finn's 2nd Birthday Party!

Sure love him :)
Bailey teaching Finn to drive his car
Bubble wonderland in our back yard!
We are headed to Gulf Shores this weekend to see Finn's Pap and Gram. I need this little break like no other. Mentally more than anything. Everyone needs a little vacation and break every now and then!

1 comment:

  1. You are going to have to teach me and the kids how to eat a crawfish. AWC

    ReplyDelete