Saturday, April 4, 2015

Finn's Second Birthday

It's here. We have kept him alive for 2 years... 730 days. That's impressive! And those 730 days were the best in my life. We are a family. A perfect family. I can't even start to express how much I love my son. People said that to me before I had a child and I never could have imagined that it would feel like this. He makes me laugh, makes me cry, makes me doubt myself, but makes me proud of myself at the same time. I am proud to say that he is mine! Today was such a wonderful day for both him and us as parents. He had so many friends come to visit and celebrate his birthday with him. It is amazing how many people we had here to help make his party a success with less than two years of being in Louisiana. I guess we have more people here that cared about him (and us)  than I thought. I sat back at one point and was just so overwhelmed with the love for my son and family. The only regret that I have is that more of Finn's actual family was not able to celebrate with us. Lots sent presents, though, and we tried to make him understand who they were from. 

Party planning is not my forte. Maybe for Finn, but that's it. It is a lot of work! And takes a ton of time! But I am glad that it turned out as good and fun as it did. Thank goodness the rain held off! Here are some pics!

Btw.. no workout today :( I have failed a goal for this month. I was pretty busy, though!

Two years ago!


Elmo Mural ($6 at Party City)
Elmo Birthday Cake!
Elmo Fruit Tray
Food Table! Meatballs, Veggie cups, Fruit Tray, Goldfish, Animal Crackers, Cake, Buffalo Chicken Dip, and chips
Another Treat Table
Treats for the kiddos. I made them all myself!
Coloring Table for the Kiddos
Drink Area
Make your own party hat! (I ran out of time to make these myself)
Party Time!
Cake Time!
He was a little scared of the cake
Present Time!
He was also unsure about the presents.
The ball pit was a success!
Bubbles!
His girlfriend :)

No comments:

Post a Comment