Friday, February 20, 2015

Celebration of Life

A coworker of mine was killed in car crash on Fat Tuesday by a drunk driver. I attended her "Celebration of Life" today and met her daughters and husband. She was a young 66 years old and was taken away from her loved ones way too early. She was planning on retiring next year, which breaks my heart. She didn't even get to enjoy life with her husband and family. She worked her whole life in order to enjoy retirement, which she never got to do. It was obvious that her husband of 46 years was having a hard time dealing with the emotions. He said that he didn't want to sound like he was preaching to anyone, but had one piece of advice: If you are going to take a left-hand turn, never turn your wheel before you make the turn because if you get hit from behind, it will send you into oncoming traffic. This drunk driver hit her from behind while she was at a stop before turning left into her neighborhood, then her car exploded. What pain this family has to go through due to drunk driving. It is absolutely heartbreaking to see this man and family in so much pain.

After picking Finn up from daycare, I could tell he was still not feeling well, so instead of going to the park, we just went home. I decided it may be best to have a camp out in our living room, which Jon and I love to do! Do you ever do that? Try it sometime! It's so fun to watch movies and make a fire and not leave the bed!

 Our little man was so clingy and all he wanted was milk all night long. Can I say no sleep at all??? Finn wanted to cuddle and at least know I was there all night long. I think it's either his throat hurting or he is getting his canines. I am exhausted. And miss my husband. 



No comments:

Post a Comment