Monday, February 2, 2015

OCD & Wagon Rides

Isn't Monday supposed to be a day where you struggle to get through the day? This Monday was not that. We had such a productive and family oriented day, which not a normal occurrence on most starts to the week. Finn has been in such a great mood the past few days and that makes it easy to get things done (no temper tamtrums today!). Both boys needed a haircut, so that was first on my list. He actually sat still for once and acted like he knew what was actually happening. He loves watching Super Why while eating his snack, so this seemed like the best time to get this hard task completed. Hair was everywhere, so we started his favorite activity... bath time! Or in Finn language, "Dah?". Although he was pretty hesitant at first, we finger painted in the tub today. I often think that Finn has gotten Jon's OCD about being clean and neat. He never touched the paint more than with his pointer finger. Aren't kids supposed to go crazy and get dirty when given an opportunity like this? Not our Finn.
After bath, was had dinner with neighbors. Every place we have lived, we have had neighbors that were a huge part of our lives. It's different, though, when you own your house and they are "real" neighbors that won't be leaving the next month or after their lease is up. I thank God that we lucked out and got some good ones that we want to have over on a regular basis and are good friends. I cooked Chicken Ranch Tacos! So, so good! It will be a staple on our menu from now on! Here is the link... http://www.repeatcrafterme.com/2014/03/crock-pot-ranch-chicken-tacos.html
At the end of the day, I have to be thankful for so much. For my husband, that doesn't sit on the couch all night and watch tv, he cleans and takes care of Finn and cooks when I don't want to. For my son, that is my life. For my house and my neighbors. I am very, very fortunate to have such good people around me!

Finger painting during bath time tonight. I just want to rub his hands all through it, but he would probably have a fit.

He has started saying cheese and actually smiling big! It melts my heart!

Bailey giving him a wagon ride around the house. This went on FOREVER!

No comments:

Post a Comment