Sunday, February 1, 2015

The Start of Something New...

It seems like I always have these great ideas that will make life better, easier, or more meaningful, but I don't ever tend to stick with them for some reason. In the last few months, I have been really into people documenting their family and personal lives via YouTube and various blogs. I can't imagine how amazing it would be to look through posts to see our family activities and see Finn grow up in a different way. I don't want to start this blog for people to actually read it or to see how many views I can get, but to do it for me. I often feel like I need to write things down... thoughts I am having, milestones in Finn's development, exciting things going on with our family, new art ideas, etc., but have never done it. Maybe this option will work for me. I guess only time will tell.

My thoughts on having this blog...

1. I want to tell our journey as a family. Sometimes when I think of family, I think of my Welch family because that is all I knew for 27 years. I often have to tell myself that I have started my own family now. A family that consists of me, Jon, and Finn (and Hokie... and the fish). Of course, my Welch family and Pry family still are family, but we have started our own adventure and I want to remember every stop along the way.
2. I want this blog to make me realize how blessed I really am. Sometimes it is hard to appreciate everything you have until you step back and take it all in. 
3. I am not a writer. At all. So, grammatical errors will happen. I can draw a hell of a circle and paint a hell of a painting. Judge me on that, not on my grammar.
4. I want this to be a daily blog. One post a day and one picture a day. The topics will probably differ from day-to-day, but I want it to be about whatever I am feeling. Whatever I think would document our lives in a way that is real.

I am going to start a small goal of doing this for the month of February. (Maybe since there are only 28 days, I will be able to actually finish??) We will see!!
Today is the Super Bowl! Finn loves chips and dip. And will not eat it unless daddy holds him over it like shown. What a silly little boy!

No comments:

Post a Comment