Monday, February 9, 2015

Baked Ziti

I wanted to share this recipe that I made today. It is so good and makes so much food. I originally found the post on Pinterest. Here is the link..
Baked Ziti Recipe from Pinterest
These are my steps, though. I made a few very minor changes and will be a staple on our family's menu!


Ingredients:
1 pound of ground beef
1 large jar of your favorite marinara sauce (I use the very large one of Garden Veggie Ragu*)
1 jar (16 oz.) Garlic Alfredo Sauce (I use Ragu*)
1 box (1 lb.) Penne or Ziti Pasta I prefer Ziti for this)
1 large yellow onion diced (I like them to be diced large)
1 bag (2 cups) Shredded Mozzarella Cheese
 *Note: I usually do not use Ragu, but it is perfect for this dish!

Steps:
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees
2. Start your water for the pasta
3. Brown ground beef with the onion
4. Add pasta to the water and cook according to the package
5. Add marinara to the beef mixture. Let simmer
6. Drain pasta and add alfredo to the noodles
7. Grease a 9x13 pyrex baking dish and add noodle mixture
8. Add a layer of salt and pepper to the noodles. Just sprinkle over the noodles.
9. Add meat mixture on top then add the cheese on top of that.
10. Cover with aluminum foil (spray Pam on foil to help it not stick to the cheese)
11. Bake for 20 minutes. Take off foil. Bake for another 15 minutes.
12. Broil for 1 minute to brown cheese. 

The creamy alfredo and marinara start to join to make a creamy tomato sauce. It is so yummy! Some sides could be sauteed green beans, a green salad, roasted cauliflower, roasted corn, and garlic bread is a must! It makes a ton of food and the leftovers are even better. I would say that it probably makes about 6 servings with lots of leftovers. Both of my boys absolutely LOVED this dish! If you go to the link, there are step-by-step pictures. Happy cooking!





1 comment:

  1. You are now my idol! This looks so good!. I like how you put what sides to serve with it too. You are meant to be a blogger

    ReplyDelete