Wednesday, February 4, 2015

"You are Amazing"

Out of the blue last night, Jon posted an article on my Facebook page titled "why being a mom is enough". When first skimming this article, I thought he had seen my post from yesterday (but he does not know about this blog yet), and that he was trying to show me that what I am doing is a mom is perfect for our son. I read more and I had to stop. How did he know that I needed to hear this at this very moment? I took a shower before reading the rest. I pondered in the shower if I had shown him any signs of me doubting myself or us as parents. I didn't think so, and I think that sometimes partners can sense when something sweet or special needs to be said. Maybe it was because he heard me teaching Finn the ABC's during bath time, or maybe it was because I was pushing the fact that I wanted him to read books with both of us every night... who knows.  I read it all again after the shower. This part stood out to me most...

"A mother isn’t based on external perfection. A mother is the person, the woman, just like you. The woman with little ones in her care that she loves, and sometimes wonders how she loves them because they’re driving her batty, but still she does. She fights, gives, prays, works, and doesn’t give up even when she wants to throw in the towel.
That’s you. Today. Tomorrow. Yesterday.
I say that is enough. 
It is more than enough.
You are amazing."
 http://findingjoy.net/why-being-mom-is-enough/

I couldn't and still can't find the words to express to him how much that article meant to me. And what perfect timing it had. He is such a kind and loving husband that I would not trade for anyone in the world. Maybe Chris Hemsworth. 

After picking up Finn from daycare, I usually have to run an errand or two before going home. I absolutely HATE going back out after we have gotten home. I guess this is where my desire to stick to a routine kicks in. Anyway... we stopped by a store to get some rice to go with our dinner. I have started letting Finn pick out one thing he wants to get from the store. (He normally sticks with candy or chips). Today, he picked the "Be My Valentine" cakes. He was so precious walking around the store with a huge box of Debbie Cakes! He is getting so independent... I guess that means he is growing up. (tear)
 
Tonight, Jon met Nate out for a while, so Finn and I hung out at home. I decided to cook General Tso's Chicken, which I have never cooked before. Like my last asian dish, it turned out pretty bland, so I had to add more teryiaki flavoring and soy sauce. It turned out pretty great in the end, but it sure was a pretty big process. Finn cooperated very well during the cooking extravaganza! He is very in to coloring and sitting at his table. He must like it because of daycare. Baths and books ended our night. I am trying to get everything cleaned up because all the wrestlers (and coaches) are coming for dinner tomorrow. eeehhhh...


Dinner! After spicing it up quite a bit!

Finn coloring at his table. He LOVES this now. And loves for his crayons to stay in his box, which is quite a relief!

No comments:

Post a Comment