Friday, February 13, 2015

Finn's Best Friends

Clothes for children are ridiculously expensive. Especially if you have one like my little man who only wants to wear character shirts. I went to Target to find more for him so that the 4 shirt rotation could have a little washing machine break, but found that regular character shirts in his size are $12.99! That is pretty expensive for a shirt for Finn, so I didn't buy any and I decided to try the consignment store. Why in the world would people not go to the consignment store first??!?! Shirts look brand new (some even have tags) and they are only $2.50 each! $2.50!!! For Mickey, Elmo, and all of Finn's best friends! I was so excited to get him more shirts that he is proud to wear. He sat on the kitchen floor this morning and picked which one he wanted. It was like he was in heaven! He is such a funny little boy!

Let me take a second to tell you about our dinner last night. The best dinner that I think I have had at our new home. There is a restaurant here in Lafayette called Zea's Rotisserie and Grill, and they are known for their Thai Ribs. We found the sauce at our local grocery store and decided to give it a try. Holy amazeballs. We made pasta and corn on the cob to accompany them, but next time I would love to try the corn grits that they have at Zea's. I honestly think being in the kitchen with Jon is my favorite part of the day (and it's even better if we have a glass of wine!). The feeling of preparing dinner for our family makes me feel all warm and fuzzy inside. Jon and I share the love of cooking at home. Food is such a huge part of life here in Lafayette. Not just the eating of food (that sounds odd), but the slow preparation of a meal and the togetherness people experience in the kitchen. When people gather here, they gather in the kitchen and around food. I love that part of this culture!


All of these shirts were $2.50 each! He wanted all of them on!


The mix of thai seasoning and cilantro was absolutely incredible!
Finns painting from daycare! Our little Picasso! 🎨

Mardi gras parade #3! Kick off parade in Lafayette

Waiting for the parade to start! 

2 comments:

  1. I will need this recipe. Plus do I need to buy the sauce in LA? Finn looks so cute trying to pick out his clothes!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think you can buy the sauce online, or you can pick it up while you are here this weekend! BTW... I think I am gonna make my gumbo recipe this weekend for y'all!

      Delete