Tuesday, February 10, 2015

Doing the Dishes

I did the dishes 3 times tonight. That's does not mean that I was doing them while I was in the process of cooking. I did them after three rounds of cooking different things. Lots and lots and lots of hand washing dishes. I really do like to do the dishes for some reason. I think it stems from my upbringing of my mom and dad making me and my sisters do the dishes as soon as we could reach the sink. There is something very fulfilling about seeing a ton of dirty dishes turn into sparkling clean ones right in front of your eyes. Don't get me wrong.. I do love my dishwasher, but there are times when I don't use it simply because I want to be the one who conquers the task of cleaning them all. Weird, right?

Finn was a very cranky boy today. He must not have had a good nap at daycare and he really didn't eat well. I hope he is not getting sick. We have been giving him a full vitamin every day and he seems to be more healthy than he ever has.

One of my previous posts refers to me not being able to keep up with the Pinterest Moms. As I finished all the things I needed to complete last night and I finally sat down on the couch, I realized that I may be one of those Pinterest Moms?!? Here are my reasons...

1. I made a chicken fajita recipe from Pinterest.
2. Valentine's treats for the kids in Finn's class were made from an idea my sis and I found on Pinterest.
3. Valentine's brownies were made for Finn's teachers at daycare from an idea I found on Pinterest.
4. I almost attempted a homemade granola bar recipe I found on Pinterest, but it was already 9:30 and I didn't want to do another round of dishes. I will save that for tomorrow.

Am I the one being called the Pinterest mom at daycare? I sure hope not. I don't ever want to be the overachiever, but I also don't want to not do something for the fear of having that label. Thoughts?

Btw... this blog has had over 150 views in the last few days. How did that happen? 

Mohawk!

Treats for Finn's classmates!

For Finn's teachers


1 comment:

  1. I looked at the blog 150 times!!!! No really, that is cool beans.
    I think you are just the right amount of Pinterest mom.
    I think Ill start putting my initials so you will know who Anonymous is. AWC

    ReplyDelete