Thursday, February 5, 2015

Muddy Black Heels

The day started with me running (YES... RUNNING) after the garbage truck. Let me help you visualize this. Imagine, me running out of the door with a long black dress and black heels on. Finn is peeking out the door wondering where mama is going and why he can't go outside. I yell to the garbage man to see if I can run to the side of the house to get my can and he, thankfully, hears me. Of course, it rained yesterday, so the ground is soggy and muddy. Now my black heels are brown as I am attempting to roll the can through the mud. The very nice garbage man came around the house and helped me. Let's not get into the fact that I asked Jon to take it out the night before. Thursdays always seem to sneak up on me. That's how this Thursday has begun.

I am attempting to eat better. Not just for me and my health, but for Finn and Jon as well. If I make an effort to change the way I eat, it will change what I cook for them. I started this week by making a green smoothie every day for breakfast. They look nasty, but taste extremely good! Here is my recipe:

Green Smoothie
One frozen banana 
1 cup of frozen mango
1/2 cup of frozen strawberries
1 heaping handful of spinach
1-2 tablespoons of honey (depends on how sweet you want it)
1/2 cup Orange Juice
1-2 cups Coconut Water (Regular water works too, but not as healthy)

Put all in the blender and ta-da! Green smoothie.





The dinner went great! We had Caribbean Jerk chicken thighs, parmesan corn on the cob, and garlic red potatoes with green beans. The corn was a hit! 3 coaches and 5 wrestlers came and they went through 20 ears of corn. They sure can eat. We made a fire outside and Finn thought it was the most hysterical thing in the world!

This boy won't sit still for a second!

Finn cracking up at the fire. He thought it was the funniest thing he had ever seen.

Mesmerized!





2 comments:

  1. Your hair looks great in that picture of you and Finny Finn.

    His laughing face cracks me up!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks! I actually watched a YouTube video of how to do my hair like that. I am a nerd.

    ReplyDelete